Total nets pair of Vietnamese blocks

French oil giant Total has boosted its upstream position in Vietnam by signing contracts for two large onshore exploration blocks in the Mekong Delta area.

Total said it had signed a production sharing contract with national oil company PetroVietnam for Blocks DBSCL-02 and DBSCL-03, which will be operated by Total with a 75% interest. The remaining 25% interest is held by PetroVietnam Exploration Production (PVEP). Block DBSCL-02 covers an area of 14,850 square kilometres and Block DBSCL-03 covers an area of 13,800 square kilometres. The first exploration phase will cover the acquisition of 2D seismic on each block. “Total’s experience in managing the environmental impact of its activities will be crucial in the Mekong Delta.

Read More

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: